Community and Government Emergency Managers across North America use advanced emergency notification technology to execute the communications portion of their response plan when nature related emergencies and catastrophes happen. Residents in risk prone areas are becoming accustomed to receiving communication from their community and government leaders in a myriad of ways.
Businesses small and large also use emergency notification to communicate “work-from-home” directives or share information about facility closures.
Regardless of the emergency—hurricane, tornado, severe winter weather, flood, or wild fire—communities and businesses alike are concerned for safety of their residents, employees, and stakeholders first – property second.
However, severe nature and weather event notification is much more than just communicating evacuation and return orders to residents, employees and stakeholders. Continuity, Risk, and Emergency Management professionals, using ERMS Advantage, also use their EMNS to:
- Quickly and easily determine stakeholder status
- Promptly rebroadcast reports based on different filters such as response type, non-response, device type and more
- Offer, provide and track assistance to those in need
- Draw impact zones on a map and send communication to those who live and work within the affected area
- Engage and deploy first responders and Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT)
- Provide a means for residents, employees, and response teams to proactively retrieve status updates unique to their needs
- Send notification to external devices such as beacons , digital signage, and desktop alerts
- Facilitate crisis team collaboration including, automatic conference call bridging, in-crisis team status tracking, and post-crisis reporting
- Send notifications to response team back-ups if intended recipient are unavailable
- Quickly access plans and emergency response documents
- Access their system and send and manage a notification campaign via their mobile device browser
- Send information to social media like Facebook and Twitter
- Ensure the recipient is reached by consecutively sending the communication to all their devices (satellite phone, landline, mobile phone, SMS, email, or TTY) until the message is confirmed received.
- Send messages specific to device type to ensure comprehension